Written by admin on November 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM.
Decorating your home or business is a long-standing tradition for many families and companies in the United States and around the world to celebrate the holidays. Whether or not those families practice Holiday Safety is a whole other discussion.
Unfortunately, however, these decorations could end up being the cause of a major holiday disaster, like the Christmas tree catching on fire or somebody slipping and falling on your property, if you aren’t properly prepared or informed of the potential dangers.
But, how are you expected to identify all of the potential dangers associated with festive decorations with everything else that you’re required to handle during the holidays, a.k.a., the busiest time of the year?
We know – it can be extremely stressful! So, if you aren’t completely confident that you are prepared to safely handle decorating your home or business for the holidays – relax!
Because we’ve put together a list of 8 extremely useful tips just for you. To help ensure that your home or business remains safe throughout this year’s holiday season. If your property experiences property damage and you need to file a property
Furthermore, do not link more than three strands of holiday lights and definitely check your lights each year for frayed wires or excessive wear.
2. Leave your puppy at the doggie daycare. According to dogbites.org, “Each day, about 1,000 U.S. citizens require emergency care treatment for dog bite injury.” Therefore, if you’re planning to throw a party this holiday season, make sure your pet is safely out of the way because you could be held liable for any injuries they may cause.
3. Make sure that your driveway and any walking paths are shoveled and de-iced. You don’t want people slipping and falling on your property.
4. Be wary of holiday theft. With increased purchasing happening in general, and the expectation that a lot people are traveling, comes an increased risk for theft.
5. Make sure to cook your turkey to the proper temperature. According to the USDA, 165ºF is the minimum safe internal temperature needed to destroy bacteria and prevent foodborne illness.
6. Consider using battery-operated flameless candles. They are much safer and also look and smell just like the real thing. However, if you do use regular candles, remember to never leave a burning candle unattended.
7. If your celebration includes a natural tree, be sure to keep it away from any heat sources and remember to water it daily to keep it from becoming dry and hazardous.
8. Make sure that your insurance policies are up to date. Give your insurance agent a call to ensure that you are properly covered this holiday season. Or, if disaster has struck and you need to file an insurance claim, call Stellar Adjusting today on (305) 396-9110.
Friendly staff and work really hard to get what you deserve. I appreciate everything they did for me. Thank you again.
HIGHLY recommend Stellar Public Adjusting! Meticulously and professionally handled our claim, and stood by our side throughout the entire process! Thank you!
Worked with Stellar on a project involving a kitchen flood. They were always there to help & answer all the questions I had – and they reached a fair settlement with my insurance for me. I probably wouldn’t have gotten half of what I did without them! I’d easily recommend them to anyone needing a Public Adjuster.
Glad I hired them. Stellar Public Adjusting assisted in my water damage claim in my condo from my neighbors pipe. They really know there stuff when it comes to claims. They obtained way more than my insurance company initially offered. A very professional company.
David has done multiple claims for our real estate company, as well as for myself and friends. Always exceeds expectations. Highly reliable, and completely on top of his game. Highly recommended.
I have full confidence in the team at Stellar and do not recommend that anyone file an insurance claim without them. The insurance company is not on your side and they are not a good neighbor.
Stellar is on your side and they are in the neighborhood. Call them immediately when damage happens.